This issue of Focus examines education and poverty: early childhood interventions for low-income children; educational opportunity for homeless students; the relative effectiveness of neighborhood and school interventions at reducing inequality; how school quality affects the success of a conditional cash transfer program; and increasing college completion for low-income students.
- Early childhood interventions for low-income children, by Greg J. Duncan and Katherine Magnuson
- Educational opportunity for homeless students, by Peter Miller, Alexandra E. Pavlakis, Lea Samartino, and Alexis K. Bourgeois
- Reducing inequality: Neighborhood and school interventions , by Lawrence F. Katz
- How school quality affects the success of a conditional cash transfer program, by Sharon Wolf, J. Lawrence Aber, and Pamela A. Morris
- A path to college completion for disadvantagedstudents, by Emma Caspar
Links to additional readings and videos related to the articles in the issue. This resource may be particularly useful in the classroom.