- A biology of misfortune, by W. Thomas Boyce
- Food assistance in America, by Judith Bartfeld
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participation during the economic recovery of 2003 to 2007, by Janna Johnson
- Effect of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program on the New York City poverty rate, by Mark Levitan and Daniel Scheer
- Food insecurity and access, by Alessandro Bonanno and Jing Li
- Do farmers’ markets ameliorate food deserts? by Vicki A. McCracken, Jeremy L. Sage, and Rayna A. Sage
Links to additional readings and videos related to the articles in the issue. This resource may be particularly useful in the classroom.