Research and analysis projects focus on health care access, cost, financing, health system performance, quality — in short: What works? Who benefits? Who pays?
Specific program areas include the following:
- Evaluate mechanisms for expanding health coverage, financing health care, and reforming payment, benefit, and delivery system design;
- Assess potential and current state health reforms and the impact of federal policies on the state of Wisconsin;
- Engage with private health care providers, purchasers, and advocates to assess and improve quality and reduce the cost of health care;
- Analyze the potential of current and emerging data, particularly claims-based and other administrative data, to contribute to improved value and health outcomes;
- Conduct pilot research in the arena of health care delivery and health care financing;
- Produce practice-oriented reports, issue briefs, and peer-reviewed publications to advance the body of evidence in the field.