- Jason Fletcher has been named managing editor of JPAM
- The ANNALS 654(1): Family Complexity, Poverty, and Public Policy, M. Carlson and D. Meyer, eds.
- IRP Podcast: The Prospects for Second-Generation Latino Young Men in the Inner City, with Maria Rendón
- Alice Goffman's "On the Run" NYT book review and podcast
- Lawrence Berger finds student debt undermines homeownership along racial lines
- Journal of Human Resources adds Elizabeth U. Cascio, Dartmouth, as coeditor in June
- IRP awarded small grants to five emerging scholars examining the intergenerational transmission of poverty and promising programs to reduce it
- Greg Duncan, Katherine Magnuson, and Elizabeth Votruba-Drzal on helping children by boosting parents' incomes
- "A lot of bang for the buck": Michael Collins on student-run banks to teach financial literacy
- John Ahlquist honored with Romnes Faculty Fellowship
- Alice Goffman's immersion study of poor young men is calling attention to inequality of crime and punishment
Goffman in NYT "The Great Divide" | Tyler Cowen in NYT "The Upshot"
- David Autor on rising inequality within "the 99%" in special issue of Science
- Robert Moffitt finds shift in safety net toward working poor and away from those in deep poverty
- Wisconsin Poverty Report VI shows economy recovering, but work-support programs still needed
- Alice Goffman's new book, "On the Run," examines impact of criminal justice system on poor black men in Philadelphia
- Steven Raphael, Michael Stoll, Jens Ludwig at Brookings forum/webcast on crime and mass incarceration
- Steven Durlauf commentator of Thomas Piketty lecture on Capital
- Sara Goldrick-Rab and Nancy Kendall paper proposes free two-year college option
- Sarah Halpern-Meekin and Laura Tach find no behavioral response to EITC related to work hours or marriage
- First results out from "Poverty Tracker" survey that monitors hardship over time in New York City
- IRP announces first National Poverty Fellows Program cohort
- Check the Poverty Dispatches for articles on issues related to poverty in the news.
- More of What's New at IRP...
- Please note, this IRP Webinar has been rescheduled for: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 1:00-2:00 p.m. (CDT)
Heirs' Property: Preventing Loss and Promoting Effective Utilization, Thomas Mitchell and Jennie L. Stephens
- View IRP events on UW Events Calendar...
- Chapter 6: Poverty Measurement
Smeeding, T. M.
- Is WIC Reaching Those in Need? Children's Participation
in Nutritional Policy during the Great Recession
Jackson, M., and Schwartz, G.
- Supported from Both Sides? Changes in the Dynamics of
Joint Participation in SNAP and UI Following the Great Recession
Gould-Werth, A., and Shaefer, H. L.
- Food Insecurity and Food Assistance Programs, IRP-Morgridge Fact Sheet No. 5
- Fast Focus 20-2014: Getting by: Earning, spending, saving, and borrowing among the poor, J. Michael Collins, Hallie Lienhardt, and Timothy M. Smeeding
- Wisconsin Poverty Report: Jobs Recover
to Help Reduce Poverty in 2012 (May 2014)
Timothy M. Smeeding, Julia B. Isaacs, and Katherine A. Thornton
- Mandating Prescription Contraception Coverage: Effects on
Contraception Consumption and Preventive Health Services
Raissian, K. M., and Lopoo, L. M.
- Food Assistance During and After the Great Recession
in Metropolitan Detroit
Allard, S. W., Danziger, S. K., and Wathen, M.
- Post-1970 Trends in Within-Country Inequality and Poverty:
Rich and Middle Income Countries
Morelli, S., Smeeding, T., and Thompson, J.
- Focus on Policy No. 1: Family Change: It's Complicated
- Focus 30:2 (Fall/Winter 2013–14)
- More IRP Publications...