- IRP named National Poverty Research Center
- Census Bureau releases 2015 poverty statistics; IRP Affiliates place the numbers in context on Twitter Chat #povertynow, 9/13 | 11 a.m. to noon CDT
- Jennifer Doleac and Benjamin Hansen's SRW paper on Ban the Box in TIME magazine
- IRP Research Assistant Lanikque Howard awarded APPAM student fellowship
- IRP discussion paper by Sarah Bruch, Marcia Meyers, and Janet Gornick on decentralized safety net discussed in Pacific Standard Article | Paper
- Cover story: Bobbi Wolfe and Seth Pollak's JAMA Pediatrics study on poverty and a child's brain
Newsweek Article | Pediatrics Study
- Steven Durlauf and Christopher Taber at HCEO Summer School on Socioeconomic Inequality About | Lecture Materials
- Chancellor Blank selects Evicted by Matthew Desmond as UW–Madison Go Big Read book
- Maria Cancian on need for access to federal administrative data to improve social services systems and
Podcast | Summary
- Proposed federal Pell Grant legislation draws from Wisconsin HOPE Lab findings
- Contemporary Economic Policy features Inequality Symposium presentations (open access)
- Poverty-Related Announcements for September
- Check the Poverty Dispatches for articles on issues related to poverty in the news.
- More of What's New at IRP...
- IRP seminars meet on Thursdays from 12:15 to 1:30 p.m. in 8417 Social Science (unless otherwise noted)
- September 22, Seminar: Effects of Higher EITC Payments on Children's Health, Quality of Home Environment, and Non-Cognitive Skills, Yang Wang
- September 22: 20th Anniversary of Welfare Reform Panels at Brookings Institution
- September 29, Seminar: Income Disparities in Objective and Subjective Indicators of Health Over the Lifespan, Julien Teitler
- October 12, Webinar: Linking Data Science and Behavioral Science to Build Better Poverty Policy, James Guszcza and Justin Sydnor
- October 27: Anti-Poverty Policy Initiatives for the United States IRP-RSF working conference (details forthcoming)
- View IRP events on UW Events Calendar...
View IRP events on Google Calendar...
- Poverty Research & Policy Podcast: Do the Labels We Use for Public Benefit Programs Matter?, Tim Beatty
- IRP-Morgridge Poverty Fact Sheet No. 11: Which Families Are Poor and Why?
- IRP-Morgridge Poverty Fact Sheet No. 10: Wisconsin Poverty 101 Updated, prepared by Helen Powling
- IRP Webinar: Health and Economic Mobility, Rourke O'Brien and Atheen Venkataramani | View Webinar
- Separate and Unequal: The Dimensions and Consequences of
Safety Net Decentralization in the U.S. 1994–2014
Sarah K. Bruch, Marcia K. Meyers, and Janet C. Gornick
- Fast Focus 24-2016: Incarceration and CPS involvement, Lawrence M. Berger, Maria Cancian, Laura Cuesta, and Jennifer L. Noyes
- 8th Annual Wisconsin Poverty Report: Poverty Levels Flat on Average but more Diverse within State in 2014, Timothy Smeeding and Katherine Thornton
- Short Summary of the Wisconsin Poverty Report
- Newsletter: Focus 32:2 (Fall/Winter 2015–16) Incarceration Issue
- More IRP Publications...