- May 1: Steven Raphael, Michael Stoll, Jens Ludwig at Brookings forum/webcast on crime and mass incarceration
- Call for IRP Visiting Scholars, 2014–15:
Underrepresented | Food Assistance
- Jason Fletcher wins UW RWJF HSS program Best Research in Health and Society prize
- April 16: Steven Durlauf commentator of Thomas Piketty lecture on Capital streamed online at 5 pm CST
- Sara Goldrick-Rab and Nancy Kendall paper proposes free two-year college option
- Sarah Halpern-Meekin and Laura Tach find no behavioral response to EITC related to work hours or marriage
- First results out from "Poverty Tracker" survey that monitors hardship over time in New York City
- Rebecca Blank receives honorary doctorate recognizing her poverty and social policy research
- IRP Podcast: Using Insights from Participatory Research to Inform Poverty Policy, with Mariana Chilton
- Adam Gamoran and Sara Goldrick-Rab win AERA awards
- IRP announces first National Poverty Fellows Program cohort
- Lonnie Berger and colleagues on spanking of very young children among urban parents
- RFP: IRP RIDGE Center food assistance research small grants program (NOI: 4/18/14; proposal: 5/2/14)
- Pell Grant debate: Sara Goldrick-Rab and Isabel Sawhill
- Donald Moynihan and Michael Massoglia win Graduate School Vilas Associates awards
- Tim Smeeding reflects on the War on Poverty anniversary, importance of good jobs
- Chancellor Blank, an IRP affiliate, on assessing poverty progress with an outmoded measure
- Check the Poverty Dispatches for articles on issues related to poverty in the news.
- More of What's New at IRP...
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014: Robert Lampman Memorial Lecture, 1310 Plenary Room, Grainger Hall,
975 University Avenue, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Neighborhoods vs. Schools, Lawrence Katz
- April 24, 2014: How Neighborhood Effects Differ by Family Poverty and Developmental Timing, Felix Elwert
- May 1, 2014: Optimism and Belief in the American Opportunity Structure During the Great Recession: The Case of Second Generation Latino Young Men, Maria Rendón
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 1–2pm CT
IRP Webinar: An Intelligent Consumer's Guide to Poverty Measurement, Timothy Smeeding and Kathleen Short
- View IRP events on UW Events Calendar...
- Post-1970 Trends in Within-Country Inequality and Poverty:
Rich and Middle Income Countries
Morelli, S., Smeeding, T., and Thompson, J.
- Fast Focus 19-2014: Less-educated workers' unstable employment: Can the safety net help?, Heather D. Hill and Marci A. Ybarra
- Housing Voucher Receipt and the Quality of Schools
Available to Recipient Children
Carlson, D., Haveman, R., Kaplan, T., and Wolfe, B.
- Focus on Policy No. 1: Family Change: It's Complicated
- Young Dads and Disadvantage, IRP-Morgridge Fact Sheet No. 4
- Focus 30:2 (Fall/Winter 2013–14)
- Not Enough Hours in the Day: Work-Hour Insecurity
and a New Approach to Wage and Hour Regulation
Alexander, C., and Haley-Lock, A.
- Wisconsin Poverty Report: Is the
Safety Net Still Protecting Families from Poverty in 2011?
Timothy M. Smeeding, Julia B. Isaacs, and Katherine A. Thornton
- More IRP Publications...