- Lawrence Berger and colleagues on student debt and decline in homeownership among young adults
- Berger, Cancian, Cuesta, and Noyes on criminal justice and child protective services systems overlap in families
Abstract | Full Article (requires subscription)
- Magnuson and Pollak present research on how to promote healthy early childhood development to first Wisconsin Legislative Children's Caucus | Press Release
- Berger and Smeeding present research on poor families to Gov. Walker's Future of the Family Commission
- David Pate serving on Milwaukee panel: childhood trauma's links to health threats in adulthood
- IRP-ASPE National Poverty Fellow Lincoln Groves on labor force participation of young men in Demography (requires subscription)
- Robert Kelchen, former IRP Graduate Research Fellow, on financial responsibility scores of private colleges
- Timothy Smeeding appointed to WARF professorship, Lee Rainwater Distinguished Professor of Public Affairs and Economics
- Recruitment open for 2016-17 Visiting Scholars Program (deadline 5/6/16)
- Poverty-Related Announcements for April
- Timothy Smeeding and Harry Holzer each contribute to new open access volume on
The Dynamics of
Opportunity in America
Volume | Smeeding Chapter | Holzer Chapter
- Lawrence Berger on parental debt's effects on children's socioemotional well-being
- American Enterprise Institute President Arthur C. Brooks on "Markets and the Poor" Video | Press Release
- IRP and RSF collaborating on an issue of RSF: The Russell Sage Foundation Journal of the Social Sciences on "Anti-Poverty Policy Innovations: New Proposals for Addressing Poverty in the United States" Call for Articles
- Check the Poverty Dispatches for articles on issues related to poverty in the news.
- More of What's New at IRP...
- Weekly IRP seminars take place on Thursdays from 12:15 to 1:30 p.m. in 8417 Social Sciences
- April 26, Lampman Lecture: The Long-Term Consequences of Children's Health and Circumstances, Janet Currie
- April 28, Seminar: A Pound of Flesh: Monetary Sanctions as a Permanent Punishment, Alexes Harris
- May 5, Seminar: Measuring Effects of SNAP on Obesity at the Intensive Margin, Lorenzo Almada
- May 11, IRP-Urban Webinar: Financial Security: How to Measure it and Why it Matters for Families, Caroline Ratcliffe and J. Michael Collins | Register Now
- View IRP events on UW Events Calendar...
View IRP events on Google Calendar...
- IRP Webinar: Rethinking Neighborhood Violence in Chicago, Robert Vargas and Forrest Stuart | View Webinar
- Generational Changes in Racial Inequality in
Occupational Attainment, 1950–2010: A Synthetic Cohort Analysis
Franklin D. Wilson
- The Effect of Expanding Medicaid Eligibility on Supplemental Security Income Program Participation
Marguerite Burns and Laura Dague
- IRP Podcast: Vetting and Letting: Cohabiting Stepfamily Formation for Low-Income Black Families, Megan Reid
- Newsletter: Focus 32:2 (Fall/Winter 2015–16)
- IRP-Urban Webinar: Next Steps for the ACA in Reaching Uninsured Low-Income Americans, Linda Blumberg and Pamela Herd | View Webinar
- Focus on Policy, No. 10: Living on the Periphery: Poor Urban Men
- More IRP Publications...