- Maria Cancian, former ACF Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy, discusses need for "Yes unless" access to federal administrative data to improve system services and inform research Podcast | Summary
- Steven Durlauf on social determinants of income inequality and intergenerational mobility, advice to emerging economists
- Have antipoverty policies reduced poverty since 1964? Timothy Smeeding on the importance of how poverty is measured
- Proposed federal Pell Grant legislation draws from Wisconsin HOPE Lab findings
- Contemporary Economic Policy features Inequality Symposium presentations (open access)
- Wisconsin Poverty Report by Timothy Smeeding: "Moving in the right direction" Report | Summary | Press Release | In the News
- Timothy Smeeding on using data to produce useful research evidence
- Lee Rainwater Memorial Lecture Series launched in honor of the distinguished poverty and inequality scholar
- Karen Bogenschneider and Hilary Shager awarded Baldwin Wisconsin Idea Grant
- Poverty-Related Announcements for August
- Check the Poverty Dispatches for articles on issues related to poverty in the news.
- More of What's New at IRP...
- IRP's weekly seminars have ended for the academic year and will recommence in September; webinars continue through summer
- September 7, 2016, Webinar: Health and Economic Mobility, Rourke O'Brien and Atheen Venkataramani | Register Now
- October 27, 2016: Anti-Poverty Policy Initiatives for the United States IRP-RSF working conference (details forthcoming)
- View IRP events on UW Events Calendar...
View IRP events on Google Calendar...
- Separate and Unequal: The Dimensions and Consequences of
Safety Net Decentralization in the U.S. 1994–2014
Sarah K. Bruch, Marcia K. Meyers, and Janet C. Gornick
- Fast Focus 24-2016: Incarceration and CPS involvement, Lawrence M. Berger, Maria Cancian, Laura Cuesta, and Jennifer L. Noyes
- Poverty Research & Policy Podcast: The Suburbanization of U.S. Poverty, Scott Allard
- IRP Webinar: Rural Development after the Great Recession, Gary Green and Carol Wetuski | View Webinar
- 8th Annual Wisconsin Poverty Report: Poverty Levels Flat on Average but more Diverse within State in 2014, Timothy Smeeding and Katherine Thornton
- Short Summary of the Wisconsin Poverty Report
- Newsletter: Focus 32:2 (Fall/Winter 2015–16) Incarceration Issue
- More IRP Publications...