- Maria Cancian and Ron Haskins on trends in nonmarital births and female-headed families
- IRP Podcast: Reconsidering the Effects of Immigration on the U.S. Labor Market, with Giovanni Peri
- Karen Bogenschneider on the family as workforce development agent
- Maria Cancian nominated Assistant Secretary for Children and Families
- Pell Grant debate: Sara Goldrick-Rab and Isabel Sawhill
- Donald Moynihan and Michael Massoglia win Graduate School Vilas Associates awards
- RFP: Promising programs for reducing intergenerational transmission of poverty (3/14/14)
- Tim Smeeding reflects on the War on Poverty anniversary, importance of good jobs
- IRP Webinar: Promise Neighborhoods as Education Reform: A Social Frontier, Peter Miller, Lisa Curless, and Alexis Bourgeois | Access Webinar
- Julia Isaacs study finds more than 2.3 million children live with long-term unemployed parent
- Chancellor Blank, an IRP affiliate, on assessing poverty progress with an outmoded measure
- Tim Smeeding and Wis. Restaurant Association's Ed Lump on Wisconsin's Minimum Wage
- Barbara Wolfe and colleagues on how poverty may hinder early brain development
- Check the Poverty Dispatches for articles on issues related to poverty in the news.
- More of What's New at IRP...
- March 6, 2014: Land Reform in the New Deal: Separate and Unequal, Thomas Mitchell
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 3470 Social Science Building, 12:15-1:30 pm: Mixed-Status Families and Stress: The Effects of Risk of Deportation on Substance Use , Edward Vargas
- March 13, 2014: Food Security among People with Disabilities, Debra Brucker
- March 26, 2014: IRP Webinar, 1-2 (CDT), Access to Justice for Low-Income Litigants in Civil Cases, Tonya Brito and David J. Pate, Jr. | Register Now
- View IRP events on UW Events Calendar...
- Focus on Policy No. 1: Family Change: It's Complicated
- Young Dads and Disadvantage, IRP-Morgridge Fact Sheet No. 4
- Focus 30:2 (Fall/Winter 2013–14)
- Not Enough Hours in the Day: Work-Hour Insecurity
and a New Approach to Wage and Hour Regulation
Alexander, C., and Haley-Lock, A.
- Trends in Poverty with an Anchored Supplemental Poverty Measure
Wimer, C., Fox, L., Garfinkel, I., Kaushal, N., and Waldfogel, J.
- The Effect of SNAP on Poverty
Tiehen, L., Jolliffe, D., and Smeeding, T.
- Fast Focus 18-2013: New findings on New York City's conditional cash transfer program, James A. Riccio
- Why Are So Many Americans on Food Stamps? The
Role of the Economy, Policy, and Demographics
Ziliak, J. P.
- Wisconsin Poverty Report: Is the
Safety Net Still Protecting Families from Poverty in 2011?
Timothy M. Smeeding, Julia B. Isaacs, and Katherine A. Thornton
- More IRP Publications...