- Karen Bogenschneider and Hilary Shager awarded Baldwin Wisconsin Idea Grant for project to connect Wisconsin state legislators with UW–Madison researchers to improve public policy
- Lawrence Berger and colleagues on student debt and decline in homeownership among young adults
- Berger, Cancian, Cuesta, and Noyes on criminal justice and child protective services systems overlap in families
Abstract | Full Article (requires subscription)
- Magnuson and Pollak present research on how to promote healthy early childhood development to first Wisconsin Legislative Children's Caucus | Press Release
- Berger and Smeeding present research on poor families to Gov. Walker's Future of the Family Commission
- David Pate serving on Milwaukee panel: childhood trauma's links to health threats in adulthood
- IRP-ASPE National Poverty Fellow Lincoln Groves on gender differences in employment after welfare reform
- Poverty-Related Announcements for May
- Check the Poverty Dispatches for articles on issues related to poverty in the news.
- More of What's New at IRP...
- IRP's weekly seminars have ended for the academic year and will recommence in September; webinars continue through summer
- June 8, Webinar: How Economic and Social Disadvantage Affects Health and Life Opportunities, Geoffrey Swain, Sheri Johnson, and Katie Ports
- View IRP events on UW Events Calendar...
View IRP events on Google Calendar...
- IRP-Urban Webinar: Financial Security: How to Measure it and Why it Matters for Families, Caroline Ratcliffe and J. Michael Collins | View Webinar
- IRP Podcast: Reassessing the Evidence on the Rising Costs of Child Care, Chris Herbst
- IRP Webinar: Rethinking Neighborhood Violence in Chicago, Robert Vargas and Forrest Stuart | View Webinar
- Generational Changes in Racial Inequality in
Occupational Attainment, 1950–2010: A Synthetic Cohort Analysis
Franklin D. Wilson
- The Effect of Expanding Medicaid Eligibility on
Supplemental Security Income Program Participation
Marguerite Burns and Laura Dague
- Newsletter: Focus 32:2 (Fall/Winter 2015–16) Incarceration Issue
- More IRP Publications...