- Call for extramural-research proposals: Policies and Programs to Reduce Child Poverty and Its Effects
Proposal deadline: March 31, 2017
- Call for applications: Howard/IRP Dissertation Proposal Workshop for Grad Students from Underrepresented Racial/Ethnic Groups
Applications due March 1, 2017
- Donald Moynihan receives prestigious Kellett Award for his public administration scholarship
- Marguerite Burns and Barbara Wolfe on "The Effects of the Affordable Care Act Adult Dependent Coverage Expansion on Mental Health" (PMID: 27084790) | Abstract
- Op-Ed: Richard Burkauser urges state-led approaches to disability reform
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Dalton Conley and Jason Fletcher's The Genome Factor, at intersection of genomics and social sciences
Wall Street Journal Review (subscription required) | Publisher's Book Page
- "Economic Causes and Consequences of Child Maltreatment" CYSR edited by Kristen Slack,
Lawrence Berger, and Jennifer Noyes now publicly available online
Journal Articles | Press Release | Workshop
- Call for applications: Scholar-in-Residence
Program for Underrepresented Racial/Ethnic Groups
Applications due February 28, 2017
- Tonya Brito awarded research chair to complete IRP- and NSF-supported project on securing civil justice for low-income unrepresented child support litigants
- IRP Affiliates propose slashing U.S. child poverty rate with new universal monthly child
Press Release | NYT Article
- IRP named National Poverty Research Center
- Poverty-Related Announcements for February
- Check the Poverty Dispatches for articles on issues related to poverty in the news.
- More of What's New at IRP...
- IRP seminars meet on Thursdays from 12:15 to 1:30 p.m. in 8417 Social Science (unless otherwise noted)
- February 21, Panel Discussion: Rethinking Criminal Justice: Incarceration & Race, Yamiche Alcindor, Mike Massoglia, and John Chisholm, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Pyle Center, cosponsored by La Follette School of Public Affiars and IRP
- February 23, Seminar: Integrating Human Capital with Human Development, John Tomer
- Tuesday, February 28, Seminar:
11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., 8417 Social Sciences Building
A Safety Net That Works: Improving Federal Programs for Low Income Americans, Robert Doar
- March 3: Sociology Workshop: Teaching Race Workshop: Practices, Procedures and Policies, Pam Oliver
4:30–6:30 p.m., Location TBA | RSVP by Feb. 17
- View IRP events on UW Events Calendar...
View IRP events on Google Calendar...
- IRP Webinar: Abandoned Families: Social Isolation in the Twenty-First Century, Kristin Seefeldt | View Webinar
- Poverty Research & Policy Podcast: How Do Resources Matter for Health and Quality of Life?, Julien Teitler
- Newsletter: Focus 33:1 (Fall/Winter 2016–17) Social Determinants of Health Issue
- Fast Focus 25-2016: Selected state strategies to help foster children succeed
- More IRP Publications...