- Forum & Webcast: Legacies of the War on Poverty, Lessons for the Future (January 8, 2014, 9:00-11:00 a.m., Pew Charitable Trusts)
- IRP Podcast: Administrative Burden and Access to Government Programs, with Pam Herd and Don Moynihan
- Robert Haveman honored by Ifo Institute in Munich
- Apply for the IRP National Poverty Fellows Program
- Robert Moffitt: U.S. safety net performed well during the Great Recession
- Julia Isaacs: Spending on children is down, despite high child poverty
- Andy Reschovsky awarded MacArthur Foundation "How Housing Matters" grant
- Interviews with low-income mothers reveal a missing piece in the poverty puzzle
- Tim Smeeding discusses the effect of SNAP on poverty rate (radio interview)
- IRP Webinar: Pathways Programs and Helping Low-Income Adults Build Marketable Skill Sets, Laura Dresser, Shawna Carter, Meghan Conlin, and Kevin Piper | View Webinar
- Adam Gamoran to Receive 2013 Spencer Foundation Award from APPAM
- Eric Grodsky Challenges the Definition of Grade Inflation
- Judi Bartfeld is mapping local food security and food access in Wisconsin
- Poverty 101: Curriculum resources for college-level poverty courses
- Donald Moynihan awarded Haldane Prize for Journal Public Administration article on Hurricane Katrina
- Douglas Harris receives $3 million IES grant to study new approach to college financial aid
- Check the Poverty Dispatches for articles on issues related to poverty in the news.
- More of What's New at IRP...
- December 5, 2013: Cultivating Educational Opportunity for Homeless and Highly Mobile Students: An Embedded Practice Perspective, Peter Miller
- December 12, 2013: School Accountability, Postsecondary Attainment and Earnings, David Deming
- December 17, 2013: IRP Webinar: Incarceration, Poverty, and the Family, Michael Massoglia and Julie Poehlmann | Register Now
- View IRP events on UW Events Calendar...
- Poor and In Poor Health, IRP-Morgridge Fact Sheet No. 3
- Fast Focus 17-2013: Reducing the effects of poverty through early childhood interventions, Katherine Magnuson
- Focus 30:1 (Spring/Summer 2013)
- Wisconsin Poverty Report: Is the Safety Net Still Protecting Families from Poverty in 2011?
Timothy M. Smeeding, Julia B. Isaacs, and Katherine A. Thornton
- Can Post-Employment Services Combined with Financial Incentives Improve Employment Retention for Welfare Recipients? Evidence from the Texas Employment Retention and Advancement Evaluation
Dorsett, R., Hendra, R., Robins, P. K., and Williams, S.
- Connecting the Disconnected: Improving Education and
Employment Outcomes among Disadvantaged Youth
Edelman, P. B., and Holzer, H. J.
- More IRP Publications...