- Timothy Smeeding and Harry Holzer each contribute to new open access volume on The Dynamics of
Opportunity in America
Volume | Smeeding Chapter | Holzer Chapter
- Lawrence Berger on parental debt's effects on children's socioemotional well-being
- American Enterprise Institute President Arthur C. Brooks to discuss "Markets and the Poor"
- IRP and RSF collaborating on an issue of RSF: The Russell Sage Foundation Journal of the Social Sciences on "Anti-Poverty Policy Innovations: New Proposals for Addressing Poverty in the United States" Call for Articles
- Adam Gamoran, Sara Goldrick-Rab, and John Witte, David Figlio, Eric Hanushek, Douglas Harris, Richard Murnane among top 200 in national Education Scholar Public Influence Rankings for their influence on education policy and practice
- IRP Affiliates and GRFs at SSWR Conference
- Year-End Greetings from IRP Director Lawrence Berger
- Nora Cate Schaeffer awarded prestigious Midwest Association for Public Opinion Research 2015 Fellowship News Release | MAPOR Website
- New SNAP Matters volume contains expert analysis of the food assistance program from IRP-UKCPR joint conference
- Sara Goldrick-Rab and colleague op-ed on poverty among community college students
- Lawrence Berger and Stephanie Robert selected as American Academy of Social Work & Social Welfare Fellows
- Maria Cancian and Jennifer Noyes at CIRE forum on using linked administrative data to improve child welfare programs
- Check the Poverty Dispatches for articles on issues related to poverty in the news.
- More of What's New at IRP...
- Weekly IRP seminars take place on Thursdays from 12:15 to 1:30 p.m. in 8417 Social Sciences
- Spring 2016 seminars
- February 4, Seminar: The Tax War On Poverty, Susannah Camic Tahk
- February 9, New Perspectives in Social Policy Seminar: Markets and the Poor, Arthur C. Brooks
- February 10, IRP Webinar: Who's Involved in the Child Welfare System and Why? Kristen Shook Slack and Christopher Wildeman | Register Now
- February 11, Seminar: Eliciting Maternal Beliefs about the Technology of Skill Formation, Flavio Cunha
- View IRP events on UW Events Calendar...
View IRP events on Google Calendar...
- IRP Podcast: Does Child Medicaid Access Improve Long-Term Educational Outcomes? Lincoln Groves
- Focus on Policy, No. 10: Living on the Periphery: Poor Urban Men
- IRP-Urban Webinar: Addressing Ex-Prisoner Reentry at the Community Level, Michael Massoglia and John Roman | View Webinar
- Newsletter: Focus 32:1 (Spring/Summer 2015)
- More IRP Publications...